Please submit your story using the following procedure:
- Download the submission file to your computer.
- Complete your story using the submission file (see guidance below).
- Send your completed file as an e-mail attachment to:
(Protonmail facilitates secure/encrypted communication)
- An edited version will be sent (securely) to you for your approval.
- After agreeing the final version, your story will be published on the site.
- You can request that your story be password protected, so that it can be viewed only by RNIOs and their associates.
- You can ask, at any time, for your story to be edited or removed.
- Limit your submission to 2-3 pages, including some images if required.
- Ensure your images are your own or have permission statements.
- Avoid including personal information such as date of birth, telephone number or address.
If former IOs wish to submit only images (with a copyright statement), please also use the e-mail address shown above.
- The RNIOA will not pass on any of your data to third parties, but please be aware that it will be visible to the public.
- Verification of RNIO service will be carried out using Navy List data.
- By submitting your story, you agree to these conditions and give us the right to publish your story.